Two men aged 38 and 32 from Kahgochen and Khebisa were admitted to the Dagapela hospital as both of them were bitten by snakes on their left hand. The type of snake has not been identified.
Both of them were bitten while working in the Cardamom field. The case was immediately reported to the Dagapela hospital after diagnosis by a nearby gewog BHU.
The doctor said that the case is not very severe as the patients have not shown labored breathing nut they will be kept under observation. This year alone there nine cases of snakebites have been reported to the Dagapela Hospital.
The most common snake found in the region is red snake which is non-venomous but there are also many other types of venomous snakes too.