BIL launches ‘Insurance on Wheels’

People can just walk up to a mobile office found stationed at different locations during different times to get insurance services. Bhutan Insurance Limited (BIL) launched its mobile insurance service, ‘Insurance on Wheels’, the first of its kind in Bhutan, on August 3 in Thimphu.

The initiative aims to provide an easy access to insurance services in areas where permanent office establishments are not viable and to create more awareness on the company’s products and services.

It is a mini-van equipped with computer facilities, a printer, camera, backup power of up to eight hours and public addressing system which is carried out by distribution of the pamphlets and brochures.

“It’s a pilot project to reach the remote areas which are deprived of the service and company has plans to instigate it in four to five branch offices across the country,” assistant general manager of BIL’s corporate strategy and planning division, Kalyan Humagai, said. The cost incurred for the project is Nu 1.2mn.

The company’s vision is to provide quality service to their customers by constantly finding ways to improve their products and services.

BIL started operations since August 2009 with its headquarters located in Thimphu. It has setup branch and extension offices in 11 dzongkhags and two extension offices in Taba and Olakha. The company has also introduced new insurance schemes such as the loan protection insurance, workmen’s compensation policy, and enhanced rural housing insurance scheme.

The company provides a range of non-life insurance services with prompt door to door service facilities at a reasonable rate to suite the market needs such as personal line insurance which covers personal accident insurance(individual and group), auto insurance policy(private and commercial), money insurance policy, fire insurance policy and enhanced rural policy, commercial line insurance which covers marine cargo and transit policy, fidelity guarantee policy, aviation policy, loan protection insurance and industrial line insurance which covers fire policy, burglary policy, machinery breakdown policy, contractors plant and machinery policy, construction project insurance, fire loss of profit policy and liability insurance which covers motor vehicle third party.

The company also provides loan schemes, providing all types of guarantees, and management of private provident fund facilitated through the company’s financing and investment department. The public holds 61.35% of the company’s shares and the rest 38.65 % are held by promoters.

Check Also

Tourism Advisory Group requests Govt to reduce 21-day quarantine and avoid SDF during quarantine

Currently, within the existing national protocol, every tourist must undergo a 21-day quarantine facility, so …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *