24-year-old man died of a suspected drug overdose, on 18 March in Phuentsholing. This is the first such death this year according to the Phuentsholing drug officer in-charge.
The victim was taken to Phuentsholing General Hospital in an unconscious state by two of his friends from Jaigaon.
Doctors confirmed that the victim was brought dead on arrival. The tests performed on the urinal discharge of the victim tested positive for Marijuana, tablets and Morphine.
The two friends of the victim were also arrested after police recovered some controlled substances from them and they were charged for possession of controlled substances.
Urine test performed on the two suspects had also tested positive.
The victim was living with his father in Tshimasham, Chukha and used to stay with his friends at Jaigaon from time to time.
In 2012, there was no record of drug overdose with the drug unit of Phuentsholing police station.
Chencho Dema/ Thimphu